The Lupus Foundation of Northern California (LFNC) has
been providing services since 1978. We provide a variety of services to support and educate the community, particularly lupus patients, their families and the medical community.
- 8-19-14: Australian Scientists zero in on one lupus patient's genetic factor. Read here.
- 8-6-14: Low vitamin D levels increase heard disease risk in lupus patients. More here.
- 7-24-14: LRI calls on lupus community to support Biomedical Research Funding. Sign here.
- 5-19-14: Lupus Patients At Higher Risk For Shingles Read here.
- 5-8-14: Acthar Gel Reduces Disease Activity in Lupus Patients Read here.
- 3-17-14: Could lupus hold the key to curing HIV? Read here.
- 3-16-14: Class, ancestry, medication factors in cardiac risk for lupus patients. Read more.
- 2-14-14: New study indicates lupus may be more common than previously thought. Read more.
- 1-20-14: New genetic clue to lupus found. Read more.
- 11-18-13: Non-toxic Lupus therapy Shows promise. Read more.
- 6-18-13:Large-scale Study Shows Link Between Mood Disorders and Autoimmune Diseases. Read MORE.
- 6-17-13: New Research on Investigational Drug EPRATUZUMAB provides insight into how it may be effective in lupus. Epratuzumab is now in late stage Phase III clinical trials. Read MORE.
- 5-23-13:California State Assembly commends LFNC, recognizes May as Lupus Awareness Month. Read more.
- 4-29-13: Hospital for Special Surgery receives Tow Foundation grant to study genomics of Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis. Read more.
- 4-22-13: Upcoming lupus drugs like Lupuzor will improve on the efficacy of Benlysta, experts say.
- 3-01-13: Researchers discover enzyme that could lead to new lupus treatment. Read here.
- 1-17-13: Certain natural bacteria may help prevent autoimmune diseases. Read here.
- 1-11-2013: Fibromyalgia shown greater association with Lupus.
- 10-26-12: Test to Speed Up Lupus Diagnosis Now Available Nationwide. Read more.
- 09-20-12: Another Experimental Lupus Drug Reaches Phase 3 Clinical Trial Stage. The drug, Blisibimod, is being developed by Hayward, California biopharmaceutical company, Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Read more.
- 08-10-12: Chronic Exposure to Staph Bacteria May Be Risk Factor For Lupus or Lupus Flares Read more.
- 07-30-12: New guidelines for treating Lupus Nephritis. Read more.
- 07-09-12:Study Shows Improvement with Benlysta Plus Standard Lupus Treatment. MORE.
- 04-09-12:New Study Identifies Genes That Predispose African Americans, European Americans and Asians to Lupus. MORE.
- 01-09-12: New Test Launched to Facilitate More Accurate Lupus Diagnosis. MORE.
- 12-15-11: Phase 3 Trial of "Subcutaneous" Benlysta Underway. Trial to Enroll over 800 Adults with SLE. MORE.
- 11-17-11: Study says CellCept Seems Better at Controlling Lupus Kidney Complication than Another Commonly Used Therapy. Read MORE.
- 11-04-11: FDA Gives Experimental Drug LUPUZOR Green Light for Phase III Trials. Read MORE.
- Lupus Together. For Clinical Trials
- Looking for Sisters of Women with Lupus for national research study. Learn MORE
- The National Institutes for Health maintains a database on clinical trials. Visit their Web site for information on trials or to search for ongoing studies.
Fall Lupus Mini-Conference to be headlined by UC Davis Medical Center's Dr. Nancy E. Lane. November 10, 2014, Sacramento. Register now.
LFNC ranked among top non-profit for fourth year by Great Nonprofits thanks to your reviews.
Put yourself on the million-dollar lupus map! Find out how today
Thank you for another successful 5K. See the wrap-up here.
LFNC wishes to thank the Caster Family Foundation and the A-1 Self Storage Company for their generous support.
A Mayday - and Month - for Lupus Awareness. See what we're doing to raise awareness in May.
BETA SIGMA PHI DONATION. Beta Sigma Phi's 8 California Councils and Beta Sigma Phi International donated a total of $36,491 to LFNC! Read more.
CA State Assembly unanimously approves resolution proclaiming May as Lupus Awareness Month. LFNC worked with Speaker Pro-tem Nora Campos on passage. Read the text of the resolution (HR 35).
Thanks to your generosity, the first purple ribbon awards were an unqualified success!
Honoring outstanding contributions to the lupus community.
- The 2014 Fund Campaign aims to raise $50,000. Help us get there!
- Also, Read about the visit and BSP's support of LFNC.
- New Grocery Outlet in Milpitas partners with LFNC to educate the community about lupus. Check them out!
- Bipartisan Lupus Caucus Formed in U.S. Congress! Lupus community hails caucus, citing positive impact on national lupus awareness and research efforts. Learn MORE.
- NEW!.One-sheet list of resources on Medicare, Medi-Cal, Health Insurance, Prescription Medications, Social Security Disability, Free Clinics and more. View or Download.
- LFNC's YouTube Video Channel is here! View latest video of a young Hayward woman of Salvadorian descent and her positive outlook despite her lupus diagnosis:
- Now available on this Website: INTERACTIVE PATIENT TUTORIAL ON LUPUS.
English | Spanish
- NEW! Missed an issue of our weekly eNewsletter? Want to sign up to receive the eNewsletter? Click below.